Friday, February 06, 2009

Week Two

Today Cameron is two weeks old. I hate how fast the time goes. I don't necessarily want it to stop, because I love watching them grow and change and become who they are. But I wish it would just slow down a little bit. I LOVE the tiny newborn phase and it just doesn't last long at all.


Today he had his first official check up and he's already gone way past his birth weight. He started out at 6.9, left the hospital at 6.5 and now is 7.6. I tend to make my babies really fat, really fast :). His little baby acne has made it's appearance on his forehead and cheeks and even that is cute :) He's perfectly healthy and strong and his jaundice is all gone away now. His umbilical cord also fell off this week. I was strangely sentimental about Ty's. I remember thinking, this used to literally connect you to me, and now it's gone. This time I couldn't wait for it to fall off because it looked gross and I wanted to give him a proper bath :) His first bath went well. He just relaxed and enjoyed it. Jeremy and I were both so involved we forgot to take pictures.

Silly Smile

Strong is a word I've used a lot lately to describe Cameron. I already see differences in his personality from Ty's. He is strong willed, I can just tell. He is already holding up his head pretty well and looking around, he will squirm right out of a pretty snug swaddle in no time flat, and he even stands up if he gets his feet on something solid. He's even tried to roll over a few times. I'm going to have to keep a close eye on that one. He also helps himself to the milk if I'm taking too long to get situated. Apparently he doesn't need my help anymore. He's a strong little guy. He's still hasn't been fussy, but I'm sure that time will come soon enough.


For now we're just really enjoying our strong but silent little sweetheart. It sure is fun being a family of four. Ty is doing better too. He seems to be adjusting quickly and learning how to be "soft". He is always asking to see "My Cameron". He wants to hold him a lot too, but only for about two seconds then he's done :)


I'm excited for him to meet his Grandma and Grandpa Call along with his Uncle Travis next week. They are all coming up to drop Travis off at the MTC. It will be fun to spend some time before he goes.

Thanks to Emily for driving all the way down from Layton to play with Ty while I took Cameron to the Dr. today! And thanks to Tay and Abrie for making him so happy. He's been stuck inside with mom a lot lately and enjoyed someone else to play with!

Tay and Cameron

4 comments:

brettandkatie said...

I remember being so distraught after Myles was born because I wanted to remember every minute I spent with him...eventually the tiny bits of sleep and wacked out emotions sort of took over and everyday became sort of a blur when I tried to reflect on it later. Cameron looks great! And, like always, so does Ty! Congrats again on the beautiful family!

Preds Girl said...

What sweet pics! Cannot even believe it has been 2 wks already! Yowza!

Heather said...

He is sooo cute! He looks a little like Ty in the smile picture. I love the newborn phase also. It doesn't last long. They grow so fast.

I'm glad you got your package. And perfect timing too. I was afraid I sent it too late.

Alisa said...

Looks like you have another comedian on your hands. I remember Ty's FANASTIC faces and Cameron's are just as good. Tay sure looks like a proud cousin. He is such a cute boy!