Sunday, March 08, 2009

What He's In To...

For quite some time Ty was into Thomas the Train. And although he still likes watching Thomas, he really doesn't play with him anymore. Just occasionally. Then for about 2-3 weeks it was Lightning McQueen. That was very short lived, which was nice because we can't find his favorite Lightning McQueen car anymore. Now it's Buzz Lightyear and Woody from Toy Story.

This all started when we were having a movie night and let Ty pick the movie. As I tried hard to remember what all those Disney movies were about and which one's were scary or not I thought of Toy Story. We actually ended up getting Toy Story 2 (which we actually like better than the first). It was a hit!


Ty's cousin Tay was nice enough to let Ty borrow his Toy Story 2 book and we read it at least once a day in our house. It's over 60 pages long, although the words are only on half the pages. Just a few nights ago, we were amazed to find that Ty had memorized almost every word of this story. And we also found these miniature Buzz and Woody toys on ebay for really cheap. It was interesting to consider that we bought these 8 year old figures listed on ebay as "collectibles"

so Ty could now wear them out by playing with them...this is very fitting if you remember the plot of Toy Story 2...
These are his new favorite things and just like the movie, we don't leave home without them. If you look close, you can even see"TY" written on the bottom Woddy's boot.
The video below is Ty filling in the blanks as Jeremy reads the story. He even knows the big words like "apartment building, conveyor belt, baggage claim, elevator shaft, etc. It's amazing what these kids can remember and memorize!



Just a few of the funny things he's said lately to me:

Ty: Mom I'm sad
Me: Why are you sad Ty?
Ty: I have a problem and I think it's my fault.
Me: What's your problem?
Ty: Do you want to play cars with me?

Ty spills a cup of water and says "Oh sorry mom"
Me: That's ok, just do your best to not spill. Do you want to try again?
Ty: Yes mom, but this time you try YOUR best to not spill.

3 comments:

Preds Girl said...

WOW!! He is a smart kid! That video is darling.

Anonymous said...

Very cool Sonja. Now Ty and Jonah have the Toy Story fixation in common. Toy Story II is his favorite as well. I don't really get tired of watching it either. I have probably seen bits and pieces everyday since Dec. I finally drove down to the Universtiy Mall because they have a Disney store and they had the cutest Toy story mini collection. They even had bullseye and Jessie. Jonah sleeps with them every night. It so fun to see how their interest change and grow.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Love those cartoon characters! Me and my brother love that movie!