In the midst of it all Heavenly Father saw fit to send me an angel. The angel lent a helping hand, kept me company, and listened as I talked and talked and talked to an adult :) My angels name was Jamie, my sweet sister.
We went on many adventures during her visit. We didn't spend much time sitting still. This post is part one of all we did while she was here. In no particular order...

An anticipated tradition for us is the Avenues Street Fair every September. We love living in the Avenues and feel so at home here. We absolutely can't imagine living anywhere else. At least for now. I'm pretty sure if we had it our way, we'd never leave. Here we are enjoying this year's fair...It was fun to have Jamie come!

Ty got his face painted, and as you can see he is just thrilled about it.

The booths at the fair are all local artists and restaurants. They were all excellent. We went back twice just to take it all in.
Earlier that week I was explaining to Jeremy how good the snow cones are in the south. They don't even come close to comparing to the Snowie stands you see around Utah. They are called snoballs and I discovered them years ago as a sister missionary. I'm pretty sure the snowball, with cream, contributed signifigantly to my weight gain on my mission. You can imagine how excited I was to see this snoball stand at the fair.
This is a large, tigers blood snoball with cream. If you see this stand I urge you to stop and enjoy.

And of course we couldn't let a week pass without a trip to the zoo.

Especially since this little baby girl was making her big debut! Pink chocolate elephants were passed out at the door as we went to see this cute baby.
How Ty does the Zoo.
How Cam does the Zoo.
How mom does the zoo.

Auntie Jamie and Ty. He is still asking "Where is my friend?" Jamie won his heart and she is now his new best friend.
Thank you angel Jamie! This is just a taste of our fun with her. More to come soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment