Saturday, September 05, 2009

Dinosaur Train

Just in time for Ty's new and growing fascination with dinosaurs, PBS Kids is introducing a new cartoon called Dinosaur Train. I consider it an extra bonus that it incorporates trains, one of his past favorite things.

They had a launch party at the Utah Museum of Natural History and Ty loved it. He was SO cute! I just loved watching his reactions to all the fun.

The reaction he had to meeting Buddy the dinosaur was priceless. Strangers took photos and kept asking Ty "how do you like that dinosaur?" And so did the school newspaper. In fact the reporter followed Ty for several minutes snapping shots. I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up in the paper next week! He did have the picture perfect reaction.

Cameron liked the dinosaur too. He gave a lot of smiles and squeals! They had several stations set up with fun things to do like excavating bones, learning about fossils, talking to a paleontologist and watching the show. We enjoyed every moment.


2 comments:

Kristin said...

It looks like a ton of fun... describe Ty's reaction though... I'm dying to hear it!

The Metzgers said...

Matthew is 2 1/2 as well and it is one of my favorite stages. It is just so much fun to me with them.