...and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all—they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted. Yea, they were men of truth and soberness, for they had been taught to keep the commandments of God and to walk uprightly before him...Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them; and I did remember the words which they said unto me that their mothers had taught them*.
As Jeremy and I viewed these Book of Mormon paintings, I couldn't help but pray I might also be given the guidance to teach my boys to be great men...As I viewed this painting, I thought of a second army...an army of mothers...equally strong, equally armed with tools of teaching, and equally marching together in their collective efforts to raise such great sons.*taken from Alma ch53-56
No comments:
Post a Comment