Cameron officially turned one on January 23. Isn't he gorgeous? I was very reminicint that day as I thought of the events that took place just one short year ago. He woke up at 4am to eat on his birthday, which is a little earlier than usual. I thought it was funny that at the very same time one year ago, I awoke at the early hour of 4am with a jolt as my body told me very clearly, it was time for him to come. A little less than five hours later I held him in my arms. At 8:50 I looked at the clock and remembered the moment. I remember every second quite clearly. And I am thankful to have only good memories. Funny how that works huh?
I remember clearly the feeling I had when I saw, heard, and held him for the first time mere seconds after his birth. It was a different feeling than I had with Ty, yet the same. With Ty everything was so new and I didn't know what to expect so it took me a few minutes to absorb all that happened. I bonded quickly with Ty, but with Cameron it was instant. I knew what to expect and what to do so I only had to focus on one thing. Cameron. I instantly felt like I knew him, like I'd held him before, like I was saying hello again, not saying hello for the first time.Once they were through they left us alone. Jeremy and I and Cameron were alone for two hours in that delivery room and we just soaked up everything about it. It passed so quickly but I will always treasure that time we had in the first hours of his life, alone, with no one else but the three of us. Two hours felt like two minutes and they were back to tend to me and move us to the recovery room.
This year has gone by just as quickly as those first few hours and have been just as fun. His personality is emerging in full force and it is adorable. He's funny in the cutest way and just draws people in. He's kinda flirty, but still cautious at times. His happiness continues to burst right out of his body and when he's excited he just shakes from head to toe. He is so fun to be with, to get to know, to talk to. At his recent check up his doctor kept getting distracted by him and losing her train of thought. "He has the cutest personality", she'd say over and over. "I could stay here all day with that one!" As he rides in the shopping cart at the grocery store he talks to every passerby.
This year has gone by just as quickly as those first few hours and have been just as fun. His personality is emerging in full force and it is adorable. He's funny in the cutest way and just draws people in. He's kinda flirty, but still cautious at times. His happiness continues to burst right out of his body and when he's excited he just shakes from head to toe. He is so fun to be with, to get to know, to talk to. At his recent check up his doctor kept getting distracted by him and losing her train of thought. "He has the cutest personality", she'd say over and over. "I could stay here all day with that one!" As he rides in the shopping cart at the grocery store he talks to every passerby.He's loves to talk. It may sound like nonsense talk to most, but to me it's sweet music to my ears. And to him, I'm sure it's perfectly clear what he's trying to communicate. He carries on long and passionate conversations with us all day long. He speaks, then waits for you to have a turn then keeps going. He's quite good at carrying the conversation and says the most interesting things. And his voice is so cute. His silly faces also bring lots of laughter each day.
He also loves to walk. When he figures out how to do it on his own he's going to be so excited! For now, he sees me as his full time transportation guide. All he wants to do ALL day long is hold my fingers while he walks around the house. His little steps so awkward but so determined. Sometimes he lets go, thinking he can do it alone but his confidence is much greater than his coordination. His ambition much higher than his ability. I like that about him. He'll figure it out soon. Cameron finally crawls and seems to enjoy moving forward at a faster pace than his little scoot. I can tell we're going to have to child proof the house this time around. We didn't have to do much with Ty, but Cam has already expressed interest in electrical outlets and seems to love to pull the standing lamp toward him and the ground.
His favorite thing lately is the computer. Anytime I walk him around he heads straight for the computer table. He sits on the table and moves the mouse around like he really knows what he's doing. And uses the keyboard too. He's very observant and needs to see something just once before he imitates the behavior perfectly. He watched me turn the mouse off so he could play with it and immediately picked it up, turned it over, and switched it back on. He also loves the phone, which he holds to his ear and talks into, and the TV remote is another favorite. He points it right at the screen, pushes buttons and just delights at any changes it makes. He's quite proficient with the technology in our home.Another favorite toy is the swivel sweeper. One day he knocked the handle down to the floor and sat and pushed it around the kitchen floor for the longest time. So now if I need a toy to entertain him I sit him on the floor put the handle in his little hand and he pushes away. We like to make them earn their keep early in our house and so far Cameron's chore is sweeping up the floor. Which is appropriate since he makes the most mess in that area. Ha ha.

I love his smile. He smiles often and makes the cutest faces. Like his older brother he has a lot of expression and it's easy to tell how he's feeling by the look on his face. My favorite is his "I'm so proud of myself" look. He shows us this face mostly when he walks or stands.
This long post could have been summed up with two simple words: he's awesome. He was meant to be in our family. He fits so perfectly. I can't imagine life without him. Our love for him can't be written with words or contained in our hearts. Happy Birthday sweet sweet boy. I can't wait for what your second year will bring. You're going to love it!

1 comment:
Wow I can't believe he's one!! I loved everything about your post. It makes me even more excited for the year ahead of us. It is so funny how we only remember the good stuff about labor. I guess that's a good thing so we will do it again!
Post a Comment