Now, this being a childrens theater and all, I never expected for one second that this play might scare Ty. And Ty is really not scared of much. In fact, he has a strange fascination with scary things. When something frightens him a little he asks to see it again. It's like a little challenge for him. However when the Giant came out he was REALLY big and Ty was a little nervous. I asked if he wanted to sit on my lap and he said yes. His heart was pounding. But then he told me he wanted his own seat again. Then came intermission. I talked to him for a minute about how he was feeling to see if we should stay or go. He said "I'm a little scared of that giant".
While I was deciding whether to stay or go, we went out to get a drink and Ty, being the social little thing he is, made himself comfortable in a seat next to a six year old boy and his Grandma. While Ty and his new friend Camden carried on and on, we had a beverage and the Grandma and I just laughed at the funny things they said. They talked sports, names, and giants. Then it was time for the second half of the play. His new friend assured him that the giant was just a guy in a costume. I asked Ty if he wanted to go back in and he said no. When I asked him why he said the Giant was scary. Two of the people working at the theater overheard him and came to the rescue. They told him that during the rest of the play the giant was not scary, but funny and he'd get to see a happy ending. Then they gave him a donut and that's always motivation to stay longer. Anything with chocolate on it will win Ty over in any situation.
Later that night he woke up crying. I was so worried he was having dreams about Giants, but instead it was a horrible earache. The next day we went to insta care and found a double ear infection. I'm happy the pain hit after our date night and that he is now on the mend. I plan to go to many more plays at this theater. I was so impressed and had a wonderful time with my son on our date.
No comments:
Post a Comment