Cameron's first birthday party was a smashing success. I so enjoyed planning it and making it special for him. I planned it using the same agenda I used for Ty's party, just tailored to fit little Camo. He had a balloon theme and it was tons of fun. Here are the highlights!

We started by having all the cousins make their own party hats. This activity was simple and super cheap since I had all the supplies already on hand, thanks to my line of work.

They turned out very cute and each one was personalized with their initial. They got to add stickers to make it even more special. The girls also got to add a princess touch with long ribbons hanging from the top.

Cam's hat I kept simple and saved my favorite paper pattern for.

Then we headed up stairs for food. I tried to make sure all the food was kid friendly and included Cams favorites, with a few more sophisticated items for all the adults in attendance.

For dessert I went with brownies. I saw these cute brownie pops in a cooking store and just had to try them out. I just love the way they look and thought they make the perfect bite of deliciousness. My first attempts with the mold pan ended in failure despite my best efforts to follow the instructions exactly. I got online to see if anyone had posted tips on how to make these right and I found out that "brownies are the new cupcake". I had no idea I was so on top of the trends. Haha.
I had my heart set on making these and thankfully my mom came to the rescue with a homemade brownie recipe that was perfect and worked perfectly in the pan. They were great! Thanks mom!

And as a totally unrelated side note, I wrapped up the left overs and gave them to the sisters I visit teach. They were adorable.

The cousins all sat at a decorated table and enjoyed their food. I provided a fun conversation game so we could all get to know more about them. I think they enjoyed it and it was fun to hear all the answers to their questions. Cam sat in his highchair right next to all the action and enjoyed the sights and sounds while he ate.

Next we opened gifts.

To get everyone together and ready for the big event I had all the kids sing Cam his favorite song...the alphabet song. I think every toy he owns plays this song and when it plays he always dances in the cutest baby way. Only this time I think he was more curious about everyone singing to him all at once so we didn't get to see too many funky moves. Maybe he just saves those for the privacy of his own home.

Jeremy got the fun job of helping him open his gifts. And it was fun for me to sit across from them and observe it all. Cameron loved each generous gift he received and plays with each one on a daily basis. They sure have provided a lot of fun for him. And for his brother. He just loves phones and puts everything he gets his hands on up to his ear and starts talking in it, so this little play cell phone has a been a real treat for him!

More exciting toys to behold!

Carefully ripping the paper. Then brother dove in and helped.

Cute little thing looking at his daddy. He's probably thinking, is it time now? Do I get to open it? Or he's looking at a balloon.

His Grandma Cox got him a fabulous music toy complete with microphone. He just loves it and plays with it a ton. Hearing your voice in a mic when you're one is totally awesome. And dancing to itsy bitsy spider is too!

I love this photo just for all the happy chaos it represents! Instead of the party favors for cousins like I did for Ty's birthday, we used that money to purchase a small really inexpensive gift for each one to open as a thanks for being there. Because come on, who doesn't love to open a gift?

Next came the cake! I made Cameron his very own special brownie. Instead of frosting I piled whip cream on top with a few sprinkles. I thought that would look more fun, have less sugar, and be more interesting to dive into. I think he's going to like it!

And he does! He goes right for the pile of whip cream.

I then broke up about five little pieces of brownie for him to enjoy! It was great because it wasn't too messy, not too sugary, but fun to watch, and yummy for him.
We were all happy with the way the party went and felt it was a wonderful tribute to Cameron and his first year of life. And a great way to celebrate the many more than are coming!

A very special thanks to everyone who helped make the party a success. Especially to Bre for taking these awesome photos. I was too busy to take any and these mean the world to me. Thank you so much!
1 comment:
I LOVE all of your ideas...especially the one where you got a gift for everyone to open. That is so nice of y'all and I bet they LOVED it!
Looks like Cam enjoyed his whip cream. lol. What a cutie!
Post a Comment