Ty hates getting his hands dirty. In fact, he can't stand them dirty! He eats so carefully and rarely even uses his hands, but if something gets on them he can't move forward in his life until they are clean. Funny little quirk about him. Apparently I had the same funny quirk as a kid.
Ty also has some funny new words he loves to use. "Not yet" is his favorite phrase to use when he doesn't want to do something right away. He also loves the words interesting and fascinating a lot. It's very cute. He is still trying to memorize everything he hears. If you listen carefully to him you'll find he's always repeating everything under his breath. It's how he learns. Recently we were visiting his Grandpa and I was putting the boys in the car while Jeremy was talking to his dad and Ty was repeating every last word of their conversation. I closed his door and got in the car and he kindly said "Mom I can't hear what they are saying anymore!" So I rolled his window down. As a result of this little activity he plays constantly, he has a HUGE vocabulary. It's impressive.
Cameron loves to play cars. It may just be that he likes doing what his brother does. Ty has quite a collection of characters from the movie Cars and we play with them all the time. Cameron crawls along, then pushes the car forward with his first finger, then crawls after it and does it again and again. It's so cute to watch him play and try to keep up with Ty.
Cameron also is showing much more interest in books. I can read to him several short stories and keep his interest. I love our reading time together.
Little Cam is also more fussy than he's ever been. I knew the day would come that his fussiness would come out and it's here. You see, he's not happy unless he's moving. For the first year of his life he was the most content little thing. Now he's discovered that moving on your own is pretty great and he's so frustrated that he can't walk on his own. And he gets so frustrated when I can't walk him around every minute of the day. I do a lot, but I just can't do it every second he's awake. So he gets mad quickly and often it seems. There is however some comic relief from his fussiness. When he's mad he makes the FUNNIEST face! I'll get a picture of it soon. It's so cute and FUNNY!
I remember Ty going through this exact same thing at the exact same age. It seemed to last from 12-14 months, when he learned to walk. After that he was back to him happy content little self.
Cam appears to be going through that same phase. It's a lot of work for me, and I have to be very careful about how I spend my time because Ty notices and gets jealous. He even asked me one day out of the blue if I love him or Cameron. I said I loved them both, but he said, I think you love Cameron. Broke my heart.
I'm going to have to work a little harder the next few months to ensure both boys feel equally loved. And to teach Ty that just because Cam may need a bit more right now, it doesn't mean I love him less. I promise little Cam I'll give as much as I can to helping him learn to walk. In most cases, you only learn that once in your life. And what a privilege it is for me to be the one to help him learn daily. I choose to enjoy this moment, and all that comes with it!
1 comment:
do you think Cam will use on of those walking toys? we have two, Steele loves them it might give you a break if you think he will use it you are welcome to borrow one.
Post a Comment