Friday, February 12, 2010

The Sound of Silence

I have a baby monitor right on my nightstand I keep on a pretty high level. Through it you can hear the sound of the humidifier we run non stop in the boys room. I can't sleep without hearing that sound. It's the sound inside my babies room and when I hear that sound I know I'll hear others too and be able to come to the rescue at a moment's notice. It brings me so much comfort.

Jeremy struggles to sleep with it on. Can you turn that down? I can't sleep with all that noise. You can hear the boys from our room, he tells me. He's right, but I just want to be sure. We find a happy compromise. I have to laugh at how our sounds of silence are so different. The silence I need to sleep is really quite noisy.

No comments: