I also wrote about talents a while ago and how I felt more courage to use mine. Tonight I finished a long time goal to do just that. I submitted an article to a magazine. I've been meaning to do it for over four years, but have been too chicken. Writing is not my talent, but expressing my feelings is. I am very talented at expressing them with the spoken word, and hope to improve on the written form with much more practice. There is no guarantee it will be published, but at least I did it and turned it in.
Tomorrow I'm doing the race for the cure. It has very special meaning to me. The first time I raced it was with a friend who'd just been diagnosed with breast cancer. She is no longer here on earth. My feelings are very close to the surface tonight and will be tomorrow as I remember and think about the people I love who have or are currently suffering from breast cancer. They are people who have changed me forever just by being a part of my life. Another post to be sure.
That's all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment