I wanted to record some of my feelings about yesterday and our ultrasound experience. I knew, well before I even got pregnant that I would have a boy. I felt it for a long time and felt it over and over again. I think boys are wonderful and am happy as can be to be a mother to them. My patriarchal blessing speaks only of sons and the important things they will do here in this life and I think it's an honor that my Father in Heaven finds me worthy to fulfill the important role these boys need. It's a true privilege to be their mother. It's a gift I will always be thankful for.
When we entered the room for the ultrasound she started looking at the anatomy. First the brain, the spine, the heart, the bladder, kidneys, and other organs. We saw five fingers on each hands and perfect little toes. Then she asked if we wanted to know gender. We said we did. In an instant we say that he was a boy.
I mentioned in a previous post that I've felt his spirit in our home already. I feel him here, I knew he wanted to come and I knew he was a "he". I feel like I know him already, like he's here, he just needs that little body to grow more.
And he's growing perfectly. They said they see nothing to be concerned about. I know they can't tell everything from an ultrasound but from what they saw, he's perfect. He even measured to the exact due dates, which she said doesn't happen very often. It brought such comfort to Jeremy and I to see a healthy little one in there. It always brings much needed relief.
He was sleepy in there and curled up with his elbows and knees tucked under him, his face buried in my stomach. It was hard to get some photos of him and his cute little face because he was so cozy and comfy in there. I loved seeing that. I loved seeing him sleep so peacefully and comfortably in there. It made me feel like I was already holding him in my arms. He sleeps like Cameron does. In the pictures we got of him he is in the same position I would be holding him if he were here already. I was so happy to see him and know I'm already snuggling with him.
With a little walking and some shaking from his daddy he moved so we could see his cute face and get some perfect photos of his strong heart. His heart beat is strong and he is calm and relaxed. We pray for him to continue growing well and stress free and can't wait for the day when they place him on the outside of my stomach and he falls asleep in that same position he seems so comfortable in now. 
For the first time ever I got to see these amazing 4-D shots of my baby. I think they are so cool! I was in absolute awe at what I could see. I'm so thankful for these and just cherish them. I can't stop staring enough. At first I saw Cameron in him, but the more I look I see Ty also. Ty and Cam are so different, maybe this one will be his own little mix of them both. I just think he's so cute and I love him so much already! Yesterday was a REALLY cool day. I'm still floating from it! Jeremy and I both are. We're so excited and happy.
4 comments:
Looks like it is about time to change the title of your blog :) Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys!
Congratulations! You are such a wonderful mother.
sonja!! this is such and AMAZING story!! i have felt that we need to start our family for the longest time. and have felt the spirit with me when i take care of little ones...but oh how i wish and hope i can feel a spirit child in the room with me!!
this is just such an amazing experience! congratulations!
So beautiful! You are such a wonderful mom and i love your story. ;)
Post a Comment