Monday, February 14, 2011

Love This Day

I've always been a huge fan of Valentine's day. Truly. Even when I was single. I love the idea of a day that celebrates love. And to me that meant all the love in my life, not just romantic love. Today did not disappoint. I got to spend my whole day with the three little boys I love most, second only to their dad. We didn't do anything spectacular, but today I really took the time to love every minute of what we do. Here's a look at our lovely day:

I woke up before you both and made a special valentine breakfast. You both gobbled up those heart eggs like they were actual cookies! I will make more tomorrow.

Cameron, you loved the banana pops, but spit the blueberries on the floor.

After breakfast Ty you held Gabe for me while I was getting Cameron dressed. You sure love taking care of your little brother and truly can't get enough of him. You can sit and talk and play with him for quite sometime and it really helps me out. Thank you! You also delivered a special valentine to our widow neighbor and as I watched you walk to her house and tell her happy Valentine's Day I could tell by the look on her face, it made her feel great. I love you!

And as for you little Gabe, you're a great little happy baby. You make our life pretty easy. You smile so much at me every time I look at you and you love to cuddle. Mornings are the best, you seem the most happy. I enjoy you and love you so much I could burst. You can probably tell by the million kisses you get every day on those chubby little cheeks of yours. I love you my squishy little happy boy! I think I'll go munch on those cheeks as soon as I'm done here.

Cameron, you insisted on watching rocket launches today. I think we've seen them all on you tube so I found Apollo 13 streaming on Netflix and we watched the launch scene at least five times. You got so excited and kept asking to watch it over and over. When I look at you as you watch these launches I almost think you really understand how amazing and important those missions to space really were. Later, we went for a walk to deliver some valentines to the neighbors and you saw the contrails in the sky yelled "rocket ship" and then ran down the sidewalk with your arms in the air screaming "outer space" and "to the moon!". I love you.

Ty, you got bored with the whole rocket thing and wanted to watch your favorite new show, Larry Boy, from Veggie Tales. You decided you wanted to be Larry Boy today so we dressed you up like him, as best as we could. Cameron tried it out for a second but didn't like it. You stayed this way most of the day and even into the night. Grandpa Cox came over and saw your outfit and thought you were a space man. You quickly corrected him and he thought you were great. I love how you use your imagination and love to really get into character! You took the costume off only for the trip to Auntie Emily's work to drop off Valentines. You and your brother charmed her entire office, along with flipping every light switch, asking everyone for treats and coloring on her walls. (Sorry Em!)

I think one of the other reasons I love Valentines day so much is because I always make some delicious pink treat to share with those I love. This year I tried making cake pops and had so much fun! They were delicious and easy to make. This was so fun for me.


Last, but not even close to being least, is the love of my life, Jeremy. You saw me struggling with these cake pops late on Friday night. I bought a little stand that was supposed to hold them up while they dried and got decorated, but it didn't work at all. They kept falling over and I ruined half of the first batch. The next day you made me with wood stand to solve the problem and totally surprised me with it. I thought it was so nice of you. It's so like you to see a problem and come up with a solution, just like that. You are my inventor in shining armor! I'm so pleased with you and all you do for our family. You are the most amazing father I know. There may be some equally amazing but I think it would be pretty hard to find one more amazing than you. You love those boys with his heart and soul. You provide our family with everything we could ever need and all the love we could ever hope for. What more could a girl want on Valentine's Day? I love you Jeremy. I love all that you are. You are truly amazing.

Ty and Cameron, at the end of the day I surprised you with one more valentine and you both told me how much you love me. This time it was only because I gave you chocolate. But that's ok, I'll take it.

I love how our entire little family gathered in your room at the end of this day. We read your favorite new book that dad brought home for you "The Runway Mummy" along with "Where the Wild Things Are" and a book about the planets. We prayed, sang a song, said goodnight, and kissed you all. Ty, you had to continue to "one up" me on who loves who the most. I let you win. I loved this day and I love every day I get to spend with all of you.


No comments: