Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Love Notes

Gabe, you are the cutest thing I've ever seen in my entire life (Except for your brothers who are equally cute). You are a big baby and so squishy and cuddly. It seems like all you do is smile and we are getting some pretty cute laughs from you as well if we tickle you! Cameron actually got you to laugh today just by shaking your bouncy chair. I got nervous about it, but you thought it was hilarious! You are so much fun you make me want to have a hundred more babies just like you. And if I was about 20 years younger I would try. One of my favorite things about you right now is how you grab onto my thumb and squeeze it tight whenever you eat. You don't let go until you are done. I love feeding you. I love cuddling you. You are SO cuddly and always love being held close and tight. I'm hanging onto that for as long as I can. You also babble like crazy! All I have to do is look you in the eye and start talking to you and you talk right back. We have the best conversations! I love you like you can't even imagine.

Cameron, right now I appreciate you and your personality more than ever. You, my sweetie, have taken over a pretty big part of my heart and if you ever found that out you would probably be able to get anything out of me. Cookies for breakfast, lunch and dinner. But I won't tell you what a hold you have over me just yet :) It would be bad for your health. This morning we walked Ty to preschool and you actually sat in the stroller (OK it's because you are sick, but hey I'll take it). I took the long way home because both you and Gabe were so content I thought I'd get in some exercise while I could. I can't help but notice you are always looking toward the sky. You hate being restrained or restricted in any way and it wouldn't surprise me if even this world will not be able to hold you down. It would not surprise me if you become a pilot or astronaut someday. You are still fascinated by "outer pace" and are always talking about it. I love that about you! And I love that your personality bursts out of you like the rockets you love so much :) This is a photo of you after I gave you one small chocolate covered pretzel. Just one. Another fun thing you do right now is say "of course" all the time. "Of course" is your new "Yes". Whenever the answer to a question I ask you is yes, you say "of course!"

Ty, my sweet sweet heart. You are so good to me. You are so good. You say the funniest things and make me laugh all the time. You have a real interest in science lately and asked if there are scientists in our world. I told you there were scientists in our world and that your dad does the things a scientist does so he could be called a scientist. You were quiet for a few seconds and then said with all seriousness "Why hasn't anyone told me this before?!" On the way home from preschool you found a pine cone and kept throwing it in the air. As it hit the ground you'd ask me "What does that sound like?" Then before I could answer you screamed "It's an asteroid hitting our world!" followed by, "you don't hear that every day!" You are so cute! Something I love about you is how intensely you feel emotions. When you are happy you are SO happy, and when you are sad you are SO sad. When you are frustrated you are SO frustrated. And you have this amazing ability to convey how you are feeling. You'll tell us, mom I'm confused right now or I'm feeling left out or bored or sad or angry or happy or proud. I feel lucky to have a child who can express exactly how he's feeling. You also like to tell me you love me a lot. And I love that. Thank you for being such a good boy and amazing son and a great friend to me. You are a good helper and an outstanding brother. Thanks my sweet heart. I love you so much! Here you are at the Mirage hotel in Las Vegas looking at the fish!






2 comments:

The Metzgers said...

These are so sweet. I'm sure your kids will love to read them someday.

Anonymous said...

Sonja I love the way you write. You are one of the people who made me think that I could actually do a blog and keep it up not because it had some cutesty theme but because it will just chronical our family's life as I see it. It's basically just for me to remember things and if other people happen to see it and like to keep up with my crazy family then all the better. But everytime I come to your blog you give me great new ideas for things I want to add to mine. I miss you and am so happy to see your family growing up happy and healthy. Love ya, Brenda