Ty has been doing really well at his violin lessons. He recently had his first recital, after only four lessons. We had no idea what to expect. So many thoughts ran through my head. Would he get nervous and not want to get on stage to perform? Would he play an entirely different song? He loves the Nutcracker Suite and often tries to play it...I thought he might try that one instead of the one he's been learning. What would happen? Jeremy and I were both really excited to see what would happen. It was important to us to not push him at all but just let him do his thing in his own way and his own time. About an hour before I asked if he wanted more practice and he replied, "No mom, I feel comfortable with my song."
Here he is at his performance:
It was so fun to see him do this. I love that he's giving this a try. I love that he's just barely learning. I love that he's learning music and discipline and so many other lessons through this experience. I love that he's not afraid at all. I love how proud he is of himself. I love his cute little imperfect song. I especially love his bow at the end. He's so adorable. I was teary with joy to see my baby do this. We couldn't be more pleased or be having more fun being his parents. We learned that he has absolutely no stage fright. And that we should get Cameron a babysitter. Violin recitals are not his thing :) Good job Ty Guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment