Today we made a spontaneous day trip to Ogden. I had all the boys ready, the car packed with books and games to keep them entertained on the drive, the diaper bag stocked with all the supplies, snacks, and sippies we could ever need by 10:30am. Our destination, the Dinosaur Park, after a brief stop at Ty's preschool to drop off a deposit and take a quick tour. I had no idea how this would turn out with three little boys and me, but I was determined to give it my best try.
We had a fantastic time! The first half hour was a bit hectic as some school groups were there. Big crowds stress me out, but they left shortly after we arrived. We were able to spend the entire afternoon leisurely enjoying the park, almost by ourselves. I'm pretty sure we saw every dinosaur, dug up every fossil, fed every duck, played on every toy, and saw every skeleton in the place. The boys were SO good. Both Ty and Cameron walked the entire time and Gabe did well in the stroller. The weather was perfect and so was our time at the park. We had such a great time, that we didn't arrive home until 5:30pm.
Ty knows a lot about dinosaurs but I was amazed at how many Cameron recognized. He recognized the T-rex, the Triceratops, and the Pteradon. All dinosaurs with long necks are simply called "long necks", and any small raptor looking one Cameron called a Velociraptor. He also recognized the Baryonyx eating a fish in the pond just like in his book. He really soaks up a lot of information just like Ty.
There was a mystery trail we decided to take. Ty asked "Mom, what's the mystery?", I said, "Let's go find out!" The trail was full of fun dinosaurs and other creatures around every corner. When the mystery trail ended Ty said, "So what was so mysterious about that? I still don't get what they mystery was?" I guess he was looking for a little more excitement.
I love how social they boys are. They just walk up to anyone and start talking. At this park there are dinosaurs that move like real one's and make scary noises. The boys were enjoying the show when two older boys showed up. Ty and Cam just couldn't contain all the information they spewed out to these kids about what was happening. I was thankful the nice boys listened and were so interested in all they had to very excitedly tell them. Sometimes not everyone appreciates their bursting excitement and friendliness.
Thank you boys for being so good. We had a great day today!
Also, I've been venturing out a bit more this week by myself with the three little cuties. In addition to the Dinosaur Park we went to the regular park twice. Again they were so friendly and social. Ty has such an imagination and always gets anyone willing to join him in some exciting adventure or obstacle course. The other mothers always comment, "He has quite an imagination!" Cameron remembers a lot of things he learns on TV and kept flapping his arms pretending to be a bat and kept saying "I use echo cation!" Which means echo location. When someone asked him how old he was he held up four fingers and said, "I have four stripes." Not sure what that means but it was cute!
We had a pretend baseball game and wore ourselves out running around the baseball diamond, and helped a kind family pick up all their tennis balls after their practice. They loved and welcomed Ty and Cam running onto their court to collect balls.
It was a long week with dad working late almost every night, but we had so much fun and my confidence in taking them all out alone is getting stronger all the time. I love these little moments and want to remember them forever. The big moments are important too, but this quote puts what I'm trying to communicate into perfect words:
"Enjoy the little things because one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
--Robert Brault
1 comment:
It sounds like you're having a lot of fun! I love your quote at the end. I hope you don't mind if I steal it. Thanks! :)
Post a Comment