Saturday, November 05, 2011

Blanket Love

We had a tragic 12 hours or so with a lost blanket. Jeremy and I turned the house, car, garage, storage room, and laundry room upside down, completely puzzled at how a blanket could go completely missing. Finally after diverting a sad little Cameron's attention, we just hoped and prayed it would turn up somewhere before the next bedtime, or the next time he noticed it was missing.

Later that day, while Cameron was playing he found it himself, tucked inside the file cabinet, along with all our important documents. What a great place for something so important to him. This blanket just so happens to be irreplaceable and has several special features. The features include, in his own words, "a soft side", "a tickly side", "a tunnel" (a place on the edge that overlaps where he likes to stick his fingers in), and "my special spot" (where the edge came off creating a loop that he plays with while he falls asleep or needs comfort. His nice dad reinforces his special spot with some stitching to ensure it lasts a long time.)

Here's what he did when he was reunited with his treasured blanket.

1 comment:

The Metzgers said...

This post reminds me of why I deprived my children from ever having a favorite anything. I loose everything and it would have been a disaster. I am so glad that you found it.