Thursday, October 05, 2006

Baby Cox is Halfway Here!

We're at 20 weeks now and officially half way to the arrival of baby cox, unless baby cox decides to come early that is. This week baby is 10.5 ounces and 10 inches long from head to toe. Can you believe it? Also, a greasy white substance called vernix caseosa coats her entire body to protect her skin during its long submersion in amniotic fluid. (This slick coating also eases the journey down the birth canal.) Baby is swallowing more, which is good practice for her digestive system.

Mom is doing great! I'm feeling good and continuing to get fatter. I'm already starting to feel a little akward and I'm not even that big yet. My sleep is getting better too. I still wake up a lot, but I'm able to fall back to sleep pretty quickly. I'm also getting more used to sleeping on my sides even though it's still a little bit of a struggle. The round ligaments contracting are starting to fade as well. I love feeling baby inside me. Today I started to record the movements so I can see if there is any consistency in them. Apparently baby sleeps about 20 hours so is only awake for 4. But I guess you can move in your sleep...Jeremy does.

I've been looking for maternity clothes a lot. I don't want to spend a ton of money, but do what to feel comfortable and cute. I'm finding that casual clothes are really easy to come by, but church and work clothes are a bit more of a challenge....well work and church clothes that I like anyways. I have a couple pairs of black pants and if I find a skirt or two I'm happy to just change out my tops and rotate the bottoms a lot.

When I was at one store this week the sales girl told me that in the next 6 weeks I should double in size. My belly anyways. By now I should have gained 10 pounds. I'm sure I've accomplished that goal, hopefully no more. I don't have a scale and it's nice. Otherwise I'd freak out all the time. I just weigh once a month at the dr.

Dad is doing great too. He's busy installing wireless cell phone stuff in the car so while I'm driving with baby I can answer the phone and call him just by saying "answer" or "call home". He's very excited about everything and is so supportive and kind to me. I couldn't ask for a better husband and father for our baby! Thank you my sweetie.

1 comment:

Dixon Family said...

Whoo hooo congrats on hitting the half way mark! Tuesday is so close I can hardly stand it!!!