Ty turned eight months old on Monday. Every day it still amazes me how fast he grows and how quickly time seems to slip right through my fingers. I'll probably still be amazed when he turns 30. His sweet and funny personality just keeps getting cuter and more fun. He's not crawling yet, but finds other ways to get around such as scooting back or rolling until he gets somewhere. He is still doing his "fake cough" a lot and it's become even more fake sounding. It's hilarious. He's also still got plenty of funny faces he pulls constantly. He keeps us and everyone else entertained by the minute.
His favorite way to relax is swinging. He sits in the swing, tilts his head back and just watches the leaves in the trees above. I've found it's a great way to relax him before nap time. His schedule is changing and that's been a little frustrating to figure out. It seems as soon as you get a regular routine going it all changes. We're trying to figure out a new one now. The problem is that Ty's schedule isn't my ideal schedule. I keep trying to get him to be on the schedule I want, but I just keep watching his cues to see what he needs. I think sometimes that I'm the boss, but I'm quickly learning that I'm not. I think we've almost got it down though.

He also loves reading time, his jumparoo, rough housing with dad, and dropping things over and over and over and over.....His favorite activity however is just sitting on the floor playing with his toys. He can do this for a really long time without getting bored. That makes it nice for me to get a shower or get some work done. I limit his time sitting and lay him down so he can learn to crawl, although I'm not worried about him crawling at all. He'll do it when he's ready.
His favorite toys are his ball popping toy, his little puppy, his kitty soft book (this is what he plays with in the stroller), his tiger, a wooden hammer, and plastic screwdriver, a green plastic bear that plays music, a yellow caterpillar on a string, a red plastic cup, and a nipple for his bottle. He loves to rub the tail of his kitty, puppy, and tiger with his first finger and thumb. His favorite blanket is blue with white polka dots. It's really soft and he falls asleep every night chewing on it. After he's been asleep for an hour I go take it out of his crib so he doesn't suffocate. Since he was born he likes putting things over his mouth when he sleeps. It scares me so much!

His top tooth is still peeking through. It's coming in more slowly than the bottom ones. Because we took him to the Dr. recently we know he's still right at 17 pounds, 1 ounce. At about six months he stopped gaining weight so quickly. Until then he was always in the 70-75th percentile. Now he's in the 35-40th. I guess it's normal so the Dr. isn't concerned. He's starting to loose his chubby legs and it makes me sad. He had the best chubby legs I've ever seen! Now his whole body seems to be thinning out. You can even tell he has a neck now...sort of.

Ty also loves his cousins a lot! He adores being around other children. He never gets overwhelmed with all their smothering and loving either. They can poke, prod, pat, tickle and get in his face and he just loves it. The only time he gets overwhelmed is if they scream in his face, which sometimes happens when kids get excited to see their little baby cousin.
He has five cousins that live nearby and three others in Las Vegas. We'll be seeing them in another week when we fly down for a visit. Here are some photos of him watching a movie with Tay and his friend Carson. Just hanging out with the big boys. And the other photo is Ty hanging out with cousin Daxton at Wendy's, just eating some fries and drinking out of a sippy...


No comments:
Post a Comment