Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Best Decision Ever!

"Making the decision to have a child-it's momentous.
It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
--Elizabeth Stone





Making the decision to have Ty was the by far the best thing Jeremy and I have ever done, other than our decision to marry each other. And of all the wonderful things we've experienced together none can even begin to come close to this one. Ty is 11 months old today and will be turning one in a few short weeks.

You've heard everyone who's a parent say that "they grow so fast", and it's so true. There were times in my life when I never thought this would be an opportunity I might have. I was single for so long and had heartbreaks and lonely times as well as life changing experiences and exciting adventures that shaped me and helped me grow. I'm SO thankful for them all. I'm so thankful for the path that my life took. It was PERFECT, for me. Everything about it was better than I could have planned on my own. And now I'm about to celebrate my first child's first birthday. I can't imagine anything more exciting. Anything!

Ty is an amazing little boy and every single night (I'm not joking or exaggerating here) Jeremy and I put him to bed then sit down on the couch and just talk about him. Jeremy wants to know every single cute thing he did that day and I want to tell him so I can remember it again. Then we both say can you believe how great he is? We go on an on about how blessed we are, how good Ty is, how in love we are with him, and how thankful we are that he's a part of our family.

We love his easy going personality. We love how social he is. We love how he likes to talk all the time. We love that he turns the pages of the books while you read to him. We love that he scrunches up his nose when he's happy, sad, mad, or for any emotion really. We love that he is SO cuddly. We love that he waves hello and goodbye. We love that he tries to say hello every time the phone rings. We love that he starts waving, clapping, and dancing every time he hears music. We love that he has to have the corner of his blanket in his hand when he goes to sleep at night. We love that he seems to share our same taste in food. We love that he is so happy. We love that he is finally crawling. We love that he likes to touch our eyelashes. We love the way he takes off running when we walk him around the house. We love that he points to everything he wants. We love that he has such an amazing family that loves him back. We just love that we were chosen to be his mom and dad. We love him, everything about him.







5 comments:

BreAnna said...

Ahh this is so sweet, I love being part of of that family that loves him so much!! We are so lucky to call him ours!

jamie lynette said...

I love this! You are such a good mom and I know Ty loves you so much for that.

Thanks for always all of your kind words on our blog.

jamie lynette said...

opps...I guess I didn't edit that before I posted it...(just take out the 'always') Keep up the good work!

Arah Debra said...

That was beautiful Sonja. You seem to make me cry a lot. Maybe I'm just a baby.

Laura F said...

Cute picture!!! What a lucky little guy.