Sunday, April 13, 2008

Bless Him...

I'm convinced that Ty gets extra blessings for the amount of meetings he has to endure two Sundays a month. On those days, church for him starts at 9:30am and doesn't end until at least 2:30. Because of our callings require us to be in the same meetings, Ty gets to come too.

I have to admit, there have been times when I felt like it was cruel and unusual punishment to keep him contained in meetings for that long. Of course he does great, acts cute, smiles at everyone, and even shares his ideas and opinions at times. But about half way through Sacrament meeting (the last meeting) he starts to get a little grumpy, really wiggly, and becomes a very loud talker. And our Sacrament meetings are really quiet so every little noise he makes seems extra loud.

I'm just impressed he makes it that long. Today an older woman who sits behind us often came up to me after church and said, you do realize what a good baby you have there don't you? At that moment I realized how many blessing you receive when you serve where you are asked, how thankful I am that Ty is such a good baby, and how important that is for where we are currently at in our lives.

Heavenly Father knows us and what we need and I know he's blessing Ty, especially on those long Sundays of missed naps, meals on the go, and lots of sitting on mom's and dad's lap while we try to fulfill our callings the best we can. It's amazing how exhausting those five hours can be, but what's even more amazing are the blessing we feel because of these wonderful opportunities.

6 comments:

Preds Girl said...

Oh what a sweetie! And I totally agree...we are blessed when we are obedient and diligent. :-)

Kristin said...

Reading your posts is so good for me. You seem so much more in tune than I am and the reminders are nice. Helps me keep my perspective... Thanks!

Kristin said...

Apparently I'm still learning this whole Blog thing... I didn't realize I was writing as "and it came to pass". I think I've fixed it now. :)

Zachary said...

That is pretty impressive that he lasts that long. My family ward is LOUD...lots of kids.

Julie said...

That is right! Ty is too adorable and I love seeing him every sunday! I love all the new pics of him! They are adorable!

Unknown said...

Wow...what a good little boy. We must be doing something wrong with our kid. We start at nine and have to take our kid out of sacrament at least one to two or more times? I can't even believe how big he is getting. I just love those big eyes!!