Ty is so social. He loves to be around people and other kids. He loves nursery and is often the little "star of the show". He's so funny and seems to enjoy the attention he gets when he's performing. The children go into the Primary room for singing time and a short lesson and between my classes I sneak in to watch. The leaders go on and on about how funny he is and ask me what I feed him for breakfast. He participates a ton and loves singing the songs and doing all the actions. I'm so happy he's outgoing and funny like his dad and not shy like I was growing up.He also has no trouble walking up to perfect strangers and starting conversations. Both adults and kids of all ages. When we are out and about he talks to, or sings to, almost everyone he sees. Last night we were at blockbuster picking out a movie and he saw a boy about 7 or 8 years old and just walked away from me and right up to him and said "I'm Ty. I want to talk for you." Or he just starts jumping around excitedly and mumbles random things like "My dad fixed the car" or "Lightning McQueen wants the piston cup", or "Old MacDonald had a farm EIEIO". Unfortunately at times like that he often gets the "that kid is crazy" look and they leave. Fortunately he doesn't pick up on the rejection just yet :) I think it's because they don't quite understand what he's saying or they are way to cool to talk to a two year old. Younger kids however think he's funny and indulge his random conversations and sing alongs.
He went for a play date without mom last week. There is a 3 year old boy who lives just down the street and he and his mom walked down and picked Ty up and then brought him back about 2 hours later. I called to check on him and he did great. They played, went to the park, and ate lunch. The boys mother said he did perfectly and the two boys just cracked each other up the entire time. Ty is easy to make laugh and loves to make other people laugh. However, when they brought him home he was crying. He was very sad to leave and kept saying "I don't want to go to my barn!" He thinks he lives in a barn because our house is red and wasn't quite ready for the play date to be over, but it was nap time. Which leads me to the next cute thing about Ty....His new favorite song is Old MacDonald. He sings it constantly. Most mornings my alarm clock is Ty singing it over the baby monitor. He's been watching the baby Einstein video about farms and that's where he picked up the song. My mom gave him a little farm toy set with a farmer, barn, tractor, and animals and he just loves it. And apparently our house looks like the barn :) And when his cute little cousin shows up at family dinners wearing overalls Ty always greets her with "Oh hi Old MacDonald!"
Last night at dinner Ty and I were enjoying a quiet meal...dad was working late...and I thought I heard Cameron waking up. I went to go check on him and when I came back Ty had helped himself to the corn. He was so proud.
He's a wonderful kid. He also is a good sleeper and is easy to put down for his long three hour naps and bedtime. But he definitely has his two year old moments! Sharing is not an easy thing to grasp at this age. We sometimes get lots of opportunities for teaching and practicing that skill.
Going out with just the three of us is easy, he almost always stays by me and listens to what I say which is nice because Cameron's car seat takes up most of the shopping cart so I need Ty to walk so I have room for groceries. Or I'm carrying Cameron and need Ty to walk next to me. You can't be in too much of a hurry though because he has to walk slow, look at everything, and sing old MacDonald to everyone who passes by :)
And that's ok, because I don't want to hurry and I'm not in a hurry. My job is to enjoy every last minute, not rush him along. And I don't want to miss a thing.
2 comments:
I love that he is so outgoing. It definitely makes things more enjoyable! He is growing up so fast!
I will second the Old MacDonald singing! It is so cute, sometimes he even seems to be singing quitely to himself, under his breath. I love his proud grin in the corn picture. What a wonderful boy!
Post a Comment