Jeremy took me to Deer Valley a couple weekends ago to see Ben Folds. We saw him when we were dating and so this was a fun memory for us to relive. He was singing with the Utah Symphony in the most beautiful outdoor setting. We had a great time. It was a great concert.
We decided that we wanted to take the boys to see a concert at this same beautiful venue and found the perfect one. It was the Utah Symphony playing songs from Disney movies complete with Broadway singers and videos. Perfect for kids.
We loaded up the family car, complete with wagon, blankets, chairs, diapers, sippy cups, wet wipes, and a picnic dinner and headed to Park City. We both weren't sure how this would turn out. We just know the boys love music, they love to dance, and they love being outside so we gave it a try. Of course it's a lot of work to take two little ones and all the stuff they come with to an outdoor concert on the side of a hill. I wasn't sure they'd be able to sit through it all, and wasn't really expecting them too. We didn't really know what to expect.
Of course Jeremy found the perfect seats at the almost sold out event and we had a great view of the video screens. Cameron did a few laps up and down the hill, but we knew that would happen and had fun chasing him around. He eventually got tired and just cuddled for the last half of the show.We also sat next to a cute little girl who was Ty's same age and size and the two of them really hit it off. They spent the entire concert dancing and running and playing together. I think they were more entertaining than the music. They were adorable! After the show Ty came up to me and said "Mom she is so cool!"
We ended up having so much fun. It was all so worth it. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I love doing these fun family things that take work and effort but provide the best memories you could ask for. I love being such a part of their little lives and working hard to create these moments. I'd recommend this concert to anyone with kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment